Saturday 12 January 2013

MP's are underpaid, wait... what??

I've just been reading a rather funny story. In all honesty, I read it yesterday but couldn't get my head around it properly in order to express my opinion.

The long and short of it, MP's have stated that they believe they are underpaid and are entitled to a 32% pay rise! Before I carry on, please bear in mind that most MP's are on a paltry sum of £60,000 p.a. so they deserve the pay rise.

Actually, no, they bloody well don't. A pay rise is generally awarded when an employee excels in their role, I don't believe MP's have even come close to correctly performing their role let alone excel. It just shows you how out of touch they are with the rest of the UK. 

It makes me laugh, they want all of us to vote for them, yet they cut people's benefits, they increase taxes, they introduce more fees and then have the cheek to say they want a bigger wage. The wage they are on at the moment is easily 3-4 times, if not more, as much as the standard working class citizen. In my eyes, if these citizens can live on their wage then the MP's can live on their so called "low" wage. If they can't, they should make sacrifices and cut their spending like everyone else has to. Sell that flash car, downgrade the property. You do whatever it takes to live on your wage. Most people I know, and those I don't, have a hell of a lot more expenditure to worry about and they DON'T complain - they get on with it. What a perfect example of how the country should be.

If I had my way, the country would be run by the majority. None of these wealthy bred, Cambridge educated toffs who have no idea how the majority of the UK lives.

Or, to make it fair, why not have it similar to America. Each area of the country run by a different government. One that is more in touch with the people of the area. Money made from that area goes straight to their particular government and spent in that area only. None of this centralised bullcrap where the high lords in London get to decide how the rest of the country lives, only spending money where they see fit.

You can find more info on this story here. I'm done. I could go on for hours and hours about how ridiculous this whole saga is.

3 comments:

  1. Here here! Totally agree... They wouldnt last a week with the average UK household income! But maybe they should give it a go and find out what a 'real' wage is like if they feel so hard done to

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a brilliant idea! They honestly have no idea how lucky they are.

      Delete